Re: PhAdmin3

From: Andreas Tille <tillea(at)rki(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PhAdmin3
Date: 2004-02-05 21:18:07
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Andreas Pflug wrote:

> > That would be a solution but in fact, that's the first thing I asked
> > Ron Lee (debian wxWin maintainer) when I contacted him last summer. I
> > also proposed to produce a pgAdmin3 specific package of wxWindows that
> > I would have uploaded to experimental, but he asked me not to do so.
>
> Actually things around wx are becoming more and more frustrating. I
> don't see a chance to get a wx version that's suitable for pgAdmin3
> execution for a long time, i.e. the needed patches are stuck in the bug
> tracker.
Well, besides the stupid naming stuff: According to my own experience
I think wx* people are kind of conservative. I personally prefere this
way of handling things because you can build onto a solid basis. But I
can't say anything about the problem in detail because I do not programm
with wx* - just maintaining some packages using this library.

Kind regards

Andreas.