Re: BUG #2246: Bad malloc interactions: ecpg, openssl

From: Andrew Klosterman <andrew5(at)ece(dot)cmu(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2246: Bad malloc interactions: ecpg, openssl
Date: 2006-02-14 19:06:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-patches

> > Tracking down exactly what's tickling the problem in this case could be
> > tricky...
>
> Yeah :-(. If you aren't able to narrow it further by yourself, please
> try to put together a self-contained test case.
>
> regards, tom lane

Well, my attempt last night at putting together a test case that manifests
the error that I encountered was a total failure! The test code executes
flawlessly: no abnormal termination.

There must be something different between the two programs. But my
original is considerably more complex. I'll pursue other options for
debugging before returning to figuring out the difference between the
"real" code and the "test-case" code.

--Andrew J. Klosterman
andrew5(at)ece(dot)cmu(dot)edu