Re: User's exception plpgsql

From: Pavel Stehule <stehule(at)kix(dot)fsv(dot)cvut(dot)cz>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: User's exception plpgsql
Date: 2005-07-06 17:42:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

> I really don't like the idea of introducing a new concept into the
> language ("exception variables") to resolve some ambiguous syntax. It
> would be another matter if exception variables actually provided
> something that strings do not...

In this time e.variables does it - only holds sqlstate and name.

You see only raise stmt. But there is part of begin exception block too.
without e.v. you have to catch users exception only via OTHERS or you have
to change syntax.

EXCEPTION WHEN SQLSTATE('0000') THEN

e.v. solve this problem. And I hope so can hold others info in future

Pavel