Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement

From: Pavel Stehule <stehule(at)kix(dot)fsv(dot)cvut(dot)cz>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Dave Held <dave(dot)held(at)arraysg(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Increased company involvement
Date: 2005-05-03 06:23:29
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

> Another example is the recent patch to check if there are orphaned file
> system files. That was submitted, Tom had questions, I posted why I
> thought it was valid, and the patch is going in today. Anyone has the
> ability to argue their point and try to sway the community, and any
> member has the right to request a vote on a specific issue.

I know so maintainig of PostgreSQL isn't easy. And it's normal so
everybody wont to see commit of your patch. The comunication with core
developers is best, but some times I have opinion so some patches are
lost - for example my little patch SQLSTATE, .. I remeber situation one
year ago with named params of plpgsql function. Patch waited half of year.

I don't wont to be negative :-)). PostgreSQL did big progress. Really. And
last modification of plpgsql helped my in work. But its human natural. I
looking for others nows. I am expectant for 2PC, hiearch queries, and ...
PostgreSQL isn't only sw for me, it's more like idol :-)

Best Regards,
Pavel Stehule