Re: PGXML

From: Nick Burch <nick(at)torchbox(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: smani(at)izarinc(dot)com
Subject: Re: PGXML
Date: 2005-02-07 14:17:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
> Is there any other alternative for XML in PostgreSQL 8.0 ?

I'm trying to build the xml2 module myself, but struggling. It seems that
the development package you get with postgresql for windows doesn't
contain enough of the header files, and too many of the core functions are
embeded in exes rather than dlls :(

> I see notes in the installer that say "XML/XML2 doesn't compile on win32
> yet"

There are versions of libxml2 and libxslt available at
	http://zlatkovic.com/libxml.en.html
which work fine with mingw and vc++. I've used them in the past to build
versions of the xml2 module for the UltraSQL port without any issues.
(They handily provided all the core bits in backend.dll, which you can
link against)

Nick

pgsql-interfaces by date