Re: Bug with view definitions?

From: Dennis Bjorklund <db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org>
To: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
Subject: Re: Bug with view definitions?
Date: 2004-07-01 16:32:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> If DISTINCT ON or LIMIT was used in inner select, then the ORDER BY would
> be relevant; so you can't just blindly remove ORDER BY when it is part of
> a union.

Of course, but in this case with this view there wasn't any such. It can
still be usable since we know how pg sorts and this is an internal query.

The real bug is in the pretty printer anyway. I was just surprised to see
the order by inside the union and not on the outside where it belongs (and
just moving it out in this case wont produce exactly the same result).

--
/Dennis Björklund