Re: Bug with view definitions?

From: Dennis Bjorklund <db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org>
To: Justin Clift <jc(at)telstra(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Bug with view definitions?
Date: 2004-07-01 11:31:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Justin Clift wrote:

> Not sure if this is a known issue or not, but I think I may have found a
> bug with the way view definitions are shown... at least in psql.
>
> Using 7.5 development CVS (as of a few hours ago) or even 7.4.3, if I
> connect using it's version of psql to a database (of the same version),
> then use psql to view the information_schema.constraint_columns_usage
> view, it gives me this definition:

[long view defintion from \d information_schema.constraint_column_usage]

The thing that does not work is that the SELECT to the left of the UNION
ALL needs to be put inside (), then it works and the parser can parse it.

Looking at the doc page it looks like the () should not be needed but one
need to check real grammar (specification) to really know how it should be
parsed.

--
/Dennis Björklund