Re: pg_ctl-related "fixes"

From: "Serguei A(dot) Mokhov" <mokhov(at)cs(dot)concordia(dot)ca>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: momjian(at)svr1(dot)postgresql(dot)org, <pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_ctl-related "fixes"
Date: 2004-06-01 20:39:21
Lists: pgsql-committers

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 16:19:05 -0400 (EDT)
>
> > > The first commit just did the init_nls changes while the second was all
> > > pg_ctl. Sorry.
> >
> > But the locale and NLS issues for pg_ctl still remain unfixed.
>
> The only thing I have not done is to add the Russian part. pg_ctl.c
> should have everthing it needs, right?

It's missing these entirely:

***************
*** 798,803 ****
--- 799,810 ----
int
main(int argc, char **argv)
{
+ #ifdef ENABLE_NLS
+ setlocale(LC_ALL, "");
+ bindtextdomain(progname, LOCALEDIR);
+ textdomain(progname);
+ #endif
+
static struct option long_options[] = {
{"help", no_argument, NULL, '?'},
{"version", no_argument, NULL, 'V'},

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2004-05/msg00499.php

Actually, as I look at the code now, the above additions should go after

progname = get_progname(argv[0]);

Maybe I missed something while doing the diff to 1.1 and then it all
drifted under me.

--
Serguei A. Mokhov | /~\ The ASCII
Computer Science Department | \ / Ribbon Campaign