Re: [PERFORM] Quad processor options

From: Dennis Bjorklund <db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org>
To: Bjoern Metzdorf <bm(at)turtle-entertainment(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Pgsql-Admin (E-mail)" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Quad processor options
Date: 2004-05-12 04:03:41
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-performance

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Bjoern Metzdorf wrote:

> I am curious if there are any real life production quad processor setups
> running postgresql out there. Since postgresql lacks a proper
> replication/cluster solution, we have to buy a bigger machine.

Du you run the latest version of PG? I've read the thread bug have not
seen any information about what pg version. All I've seen was a reference
to debian which might just as well mean that you run pg 7.2 (probably not
but I have to ask).

Some classes of queries run much faster in pg 7.4 then in older versions
so if you are lucky that can help.

--
/Dennis Björklund