Re: Mirror how-to?

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Mirror how-to?
Date: 2004-02-18 13:53:27
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Dave Page wrote:

> How about that?

Perfect. Below, HTML tags are inserted:

 mirror-howto.php
<P>
 <h3>Mirroring the FTP or web site</h3>

<BR><BR>

 Our mirror sites are provided to us on a voluntary basis by various
 supporters around the world. If you wish to mirror PostgreSQL.org FTP or
 web sites, we need the following information to get started:

  <BR><BR>
<ul>
<li> Geographic location of server.
<li> IP address of mirror server, or a hostname is a CNAME DNS record is required.
<li> Port number if non-standard.
<li> IP addresses of 1 or 2 machines that you will use to rsync the site.
 For most sites this will be the same as the server.
<li> Path to content (for FTP servers - eg: /pub/postgresql).
</ul>
<BR><BR>

 Please send these details to <a href="webmaster(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org>webmaster(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org</a>.
 Our webmasters will contact you as soon as possible. In return for
 mirroring a site, we can offer you free inclusion in our <a
 href="/sponsor.html">sponsorship advert program</a>. If you wish to take
 up this offer please forward a suitable advert and the target URL to the
 webmaster following activation of your mirror.
<BR><BR>
 Please note that as of 2004-02-13, the FTP site requires around 2GB of
 space, and the website requires approximately 165MB. Both sites should
 be expected to grow, particularly the FTP site.
</P>

Dave, could you please submit it to CVS?

Regards,
- --
Devrim GUNDUZ
devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org				devrim(dot)gunduz(at)linux(dot)org(dot)tr
			http://www.TDMSoft.com
			http://www.gunduz.org