Re: Mirror how-to?

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Mirror how-to?
Date: 2004-02-18 13:53:27
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Dave Page wrote:

> How about that?

Perfect. Below, HTML tags are inserted:

 <h3>Mirroring the FTP or web site</h3>

 Our mirror sites are provided to us on a voluntary basis by various
 supporters around the world. If you wish to mirror FTP or
 web sites, we need the following information to get started:

<li> Geographic location of server.
<li> IP address of mirror server, or a hostname is a CNAME DNS record is required.
<li> Port number if non-standard.
<li> IP addresses of 1 or 2 machines that you will use to rsync the site.
 For most sites this will be the same as the server.
<li> Path to content (for FTP servers - eg: /pub/postgresql).

 Please send these details to <a href="webmaster(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org>webmaster(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org</a>.
 Our webmasters will contact you as soon as possible. In return for
 mirroring a site, we can offer you free inclusion in our <a
 href="/sponsor.html">sponsorship advert program</a>. If you wish to take
 up this offer please forward a suitable advert and the target URL to the
 webmaster following activation of your mirror.
 Please note that as of 2004-02-13, the FTP site requires around 2GB of
 space, and the website requires approximately 165MB. Both sites should
 be expected to grow, particularly the FTP site.

Dave, could you please submit it to CVS?

- --
Devrim GUNDUZ
devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org				devrim(dot)gunduz(at)linux(dot)org(dot)tr
Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (GNU/Linux)