Re: PHP/Postgresql Advocacy

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>,David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>, <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PHP/Postgresql Advocacy
Date: 2004-02-14 21:27:03
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-www
> You must have missed his original thread then, when he vehemently(sp?)
> argued that we should give him full CVS access to change the web site
> because the mock up he showed us of what he wanted to do was sooooo vastly
> superior to what is there now ...

Must have... the first one I saw was just complaints about getting
communication.

> Alexey came along from the start with "give me the reins and I'll fix all
> the problems" ... and even that wouldn't been so bad, except he came out

Well that won't work... I have tried that ;)

> of no where, told everyone they were doing it all wrong, and that his way
> was better ...

> > Sure... but to some degree he is right.
>

> Alexey, right now, is about in the same league ... he could get alot more
> done, faster, if we didn't have to wait out his temper tantrums ...

O.k. fair enough but one would have to ask what brought them on. Perhaps
he is just responding (albeit badly) to frustration that many people feel
trying to deal with the community. The difference is that some people just
sit there, some move on (like Napier), some put up with it, some explode.
All of these people have valid concerns that we probably need to address..

If 1 person is screaming... 100 people are upset and not saying anything.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> ----
> Email: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

Co-Founder
Command Prompt, Inc.
The wheel's spinning but the hamster's dead