Re: PHP/Postgresql Advocacy

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>, David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>, <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PHP/Postgresql Advocacy
Date: 2004-02-14 18:29:06
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

> Alexey, just curious, but are you *really* as stupid as you come across on
> the mailing lists? I can't recall the last thing that came out of you
> that has had an ounce of intelligence behind it, to the point that *I* am
> almost ready to black list your email address ...

Then you best black list yourself for this remark, Marc. This was the most
unproffessional, uncalled for remark I have heard from this community. It
represents every FUD comment made about Open Source development in the
popular press and I am significantly dissapointed that you would say it.

> Learn to work *with* us, or just go away already ...

Frankly, working WITH the community isn't easy. There is a huge if "it
ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality. Which is fine, except that there is
a LOT broke and people don't pay attention to it and when people bring it
up they get slammed.

You may also want to take into account that Alexy is obviously not a
native English speaker. His dialect is probably coming across harsher than
is meant.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> ----
> Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)
> Email: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org Yahoo!: yscrappy ICQ: 7615664

Co-Founder
Command Prompt, Inc.
The wheel's spinning but the hamster's dead