Function call

From: Dennis Bjorklund <db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Function call
Date: 2004-01-27 16:33:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I've been looking in the sql200x draft and there are no function calls
with named arguments.

Thinking more about it, I'm not sure if it really is an important addition
at all. I've got a number of requests for the feature. so there are people
that want it, that much I know.

I don't think it's very hard to add. I've been playing a little with it,
making myself familiar with the code. Before making an implementation I
just want to make sure that we really want an implementation. It's a neat
feture, but it's not that very important so I wanted to bring it up.

If one combine it with default values on parameters, then it's more useful
since you easier can leave out arguments when you use the "ident => expr"
syntax. Default values is also not in the standard.

--
/Dennis Björklund