Re: Problem with pg_hba.conf file in Postgres 7.3

From: April Carvalho <acarvalh(at)brave(dot)cs(dot)uml(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org,Dan MacNeil <omacneil(at)brave(dot)cs(dot)uml(dot)edu>
Subject: Re: Problem with pg_hba.conf file in Postgres 7.3
Date: 2004-01-23 16:55:24
Lists: pgsql-novice
Thanks for answering.

It's (PostgreSQL) 7.3.4, from the Debian testing suite.
The syntax is right, but my co worker found out what was wrong--
The files seem to be in the wrong place, and thus they couldn't be
parsed.

The docs say they should be in the same directory as pg_hba.conf,
but they're now in /var/lib/postgres/data (our pg_hba.conf file is
in /etc/postgresql).  I'm curious why he got a different error message
than I, which enabled him to find the problem quickly.

Thanks again.

April