Re: Open Sourcing pgManage

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Open Sourcing pgManage
Date: 2003-11-04 19:44:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Joshua D. Drake writes:

> I thought that we might donate it to the project as a whole. What are
> people's thoughts on
> this?

I think the decision has been made that no new client applications will be
included with PostgreSQL. We will provide a server and let a happy bunch
of client applications and libraries develop around it. That has worked
out pretty well lately, I think.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net
Master-of-the-Makefiles http://www.postgresql.org