Re: 7.4RC1 tag'd, branched and bundled ...

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.4RC1 tag'd, branched and bundled ...
Date: 2003-11-03 20:21:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier writes:

> As Tom announced on Friday, Release Candidate 1 has now been tag'd and
> bundled ...

Can you please sometime decide once and for all how you're going to name
the tarballs and then communicate that information to the group?  Is it
rc1 or RC1, beta2 or b2?  It's not that there is a technical problem with
any of these choices, but the amount of randomness in this process just
scares me with every new release you make.

> please test to confirm that nothing seems off with this build

The tarball contains a file doc/man-7.4.tar.gz, but the makefiles expect
to see a file doc/man.tar.gz.