Re: PostgreSQL Certification

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Certification
Date: 2003-10-25 09:41:49
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh Berkus writes:

> So what we need are professional training courses that provide some basic
> level of PostgreSQL competency. If we have those training courses, then the
> certificate becomes "icing on the cake"; it lets the bean-counters justify
> the cost for existing employees, and trainees beef up there resume'.

A brief look around showed me for example the following training courses
for PostgreSQL:

http://www.dextra.com.br/servicos/treinamento/pg/postgres.htm
http://www.postgresql.org/events/168.html
http://www.bignerdranch.com/Classes/Postgresql.html
http://www.linuxhotel.de/postgres.html

I'm sure there are a lot more.

Just imagine for a moment the real effort one would have to go through to
even informally harmonize the curricula between the courses, and then make
that curriculum fit into the other constraints that such an event comes
with. That sounds impossible to me.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net