Re: Open Groupware

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Shridhar Daithankar <shridhar_daithankar(at)myrealbox(dot)com>,PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Open Groupware
Date: 2003-10-22 16:43:16
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus writes:

> No, and we should ... they're good guys.   You want to invite them to forward
> their announcements to announce(at)postgresql(dot)org?   Major releases only, of
> course.

What kind of measure to do want to apply to control who should forward
announcements to our announcement list?  I can name half a dozen other
projects that support PostgreSQL no more no less than this package, but
ISTM that people who want to find out about packages that work with
PostgreSQL should go to our website (there is/used to be(?) a page that
covers this), and people who want to track the project progress can
subscribe to their announcement lists.