Re: pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/libpq.sgml rc/interf ...

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)svr1(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql-server/ oc/src/sgml/libpq.sgml rc/interf ...
Date: 2003-10-04 23:04:18
Lists: pgsql-committers
Tom Lane writes:

> 	Document the always-true-but-previously-undocumented fact that PQfnumber()
> 	will downcase the supplied field name unless it is double-quoted.  Also,
> 	upgrade the routine's handling of double quotes to match the backend,
> 	in particular support doubled double quotes within quoted identifiers.

Isn't that an instance of the same "buggy" behavior that the database name
provided to libpq once exhibited, i.e., it should be removed?

> 	Per pgsql-interfaces discussion a couple weeks ago.

Could I request that technical decisions that are reached somewhere in the
depth of threads on user-level mailing lists are posted to hackers before
they are applied?