String freeze

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: String freeze
Date: 2003-10-03 23:49:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I believe we have agreed to call a string freeze as of beta 4.

That means that any string changes for the sake of prettiness are now to
be avoided.  (Here, "strings" means any strings that compose messages seen
by the user.)  This also includes adding new strings.  String changes
because of bug fixes, either in the code or in the string itself, are of
course still allowed.

The purpose of all this is to allow translators to finish their
translations in time for the final release.