Re: Waiting the patch applied

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Waiting the patch applied
Date: 2003-09-26 23:58:02
Lists: pgsql-patches

Gaetano Mendola writes:

> one question just to know the right action to take:
> After having submitted a patch in order to work on a
> new patch shall I open another fresh CVS snapshot or shall
> I work on top of my old patch not yet applied ( or refused )?

Since applying the patch will change the CVS header in the affected files,
this will mess up your next diff. Details depend on how you work exactly,
but I remember having been burned by this exact issue several times. If
your new work depends on your old patch being applied, then you'll just
have to keep an extended set of working and reference trees around.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net