Re: [HACKERS] What goes into the security doc?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] What goes into the security doc?
Date: 2003-08-30 14:15:39
Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-hackers
Dan Langille writes:

> I've started.  I'm wondering how much we need to cover here and how
> much can be delegated to other sections of the documentation.  Before
> I get very far into this, I want to get some ideas as to what we
> need.

If you intend this to go into the main documentation, then I think we
don't need anything, because everything is already documented in its
proper place.  What you wrote is basically just a summary of various
system aspects that might have to do with that vague word "security",
together with pointers to the places where they are documented (which
reinforces my point).  Perhaps a "howto" format that you can post on
techdocs might be more appropriate for you.