Re: Two weeks to feature freeze

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Thomas Swan <tswan(at)idigx(dot)com>
Cc: "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>,Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Two weeks to feature freeze
Date: 2003-06-27 14:34:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Thomas Swan writes:

> I just am really concerned about the uninstall/clean up phase and how
> that can be done in an orderly fashion.  Unless the process can start
> from a clean state again, then it won't be valid.

The only clean state is if you remove the entire source tree and check it
out again.  (Of course to save bandwidth, you copy the checked out source
tree to a temporary location, do your testing, and then remove that
temporary tree.)  Relying on make clean or make uninstall is flawed,
because those are among the things you want to test.