DocBook V4.2

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DocBook V4.2
Date: 2003-06-16 14:51:29
Lists: pgsql-docs

We have planned several times to move to a new DocBook version, but always
postponed it. I'd like to get it done this time.

We are now beginning to run into trouble with the established toolchain
(particularly for print output), and there isn't much new development
happening, so I'd like to start trying out XML-based toolchains. To do
that, we need to move to a DocBook version that is available as both SGML
(processed by OpenJade) and XML, which is the case for 4.x. We can
convert SGML to XML automatically, so there are no syntax implications.

Comments?

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net