Help needed in testing my code.

From: Srikanth M <srikanth_m(at)students(dot)iiit(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Help needed in testing my code.
Date: 2003-05-28 07:08:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Sir,

I want to know the compilaiton and execution of my
code. Suppose if i add a test printf statement in the
src/backend/tcop/postgres.c and after compilation and
execution i should get that statement every time i give
a query to psql.

After running make I even added the executables
in the /usr/bin/ directory but i couldn't see the test
statement after giving a query to psql.

please tell me the procedure of adding a test
printf statement in postgres.c(or in any file), and
compiling and running it so that i get the test statement
as an output when i give the query.

Sincerely
Srikanth M