Memory footprint for a single connection

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Memory footprint for a single connection
Date: 2003-05-05 10:43:14
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

One of my friends asked me a question about JDBC & PostgreSQL. I've never
ever used JDBC before, so I do not know the answer.

I'd be happy if someone could help me with the following question:

==
How big is the memory footprint for a single connection i.e., when the
database is started and a single connection is established to the database
through JDBC?
==

Maybe a short answer could be enough for me.

Regards,
--
Devrim GUNDUZ
devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org devrim(dot)gunduz(at)linux(dot)org(dot)tr