Re: looking for large dataset

From: Becky Neville <rebecca(dot)neville(at)yale(dot)edu>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Antoine <asolomon15(at)nyc(dot)rr(dot)com>, <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: looking for large dataset
Date: 2003-05-03 15:13:17
Lists: pgsql-performance

If you can create a flat file with some rows, it's pretty easy to
duplicate them as many times as you need to get up to 50k (which, as
previously mentioned, is relatively small)

This might not work if you need "real" data - but I started with 67k rows
of real data in my table, then copied them to a temp table,
updated the 3 key fields with previous value + max value,
and inserted back into the original table. (Just to ensure my new rows
had new values for those 3 fields.)