Re: Win32 defines

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Win32 defines
Date: 2003-04-18 09:59:52
Lists: pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian writes:

> I was confused by win.h.  It looks similar to win32.h and cygwin.h in
> that it defines DLIMPORT stuff, but not much else.  What is that file
> for?  I am looking for something that cygwin and win32 can both use,
> though actually maybe are better just leaving cygwin alone and do just
> win32.  Let me do that, unless you have another suggestion.

cygwin.h is for the Cygwin port and win.h is for the Windows port.  There
will be occasional similiarities, but it's not useful to try to keep them
the same.  (win32.h is for the existing client-side Windows compilation
path.  Eventually, it should be removed and users be directed to use the
real Windows port. -- To be determined; don't worry about it now.)