Unified documentation

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unified documentation
Date: 2003-03-25 16:27:02
Lists: pgsql-docs

I've committed the unified documentation layout that was discussed several
weeks ago. To build the normal HTML documentation, use "make" or "make
html". To run an SGML syntax check without building anything, use "make
check". (This should only take a few seconds.)

We might want to think about a name for this combined book. (PostgreSQL
Handbook, Manual, User's Guide, whatever)

The combined book has 58 chapters, plus reference pages, front and back
matter. Books of comparable size have around 10 to 15 chapters. That
means we probably should combine some small chapters into larger ones.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net