Re: String changes

From: Dennis Björklund <db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org>
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1(at)newn(dot)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: String changes
Date: 2003-03-08 18:44:39
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Patrick Welche wrote:

> > - puts(gettext("Using pager is always."));
> > + puts(gettext("Always use pager."));
> > else
> > puts(gettext("Using pager is off."));
>
> Then how about "Never use pager." ?

This setting is still mostly boolean, it toggles between on and off if you
don't explicitly set it. I left it as is because most other settings are
still on/off.

I changed "Using pager is always." because it is not good english.

For me it's fine with "Using pager is off." but I wouldn't protest if it
was changed. Both are just as fine if you ask me.

> > - fprintf(output, _("\n"));
> > + fprintf(output, "\n");
>
> and what about all the other _( ) ? (Looks a bit like php to me..)

I don't know what you ask here. Do you have an example of a _( ) that is
not needed then it should be removed of course. The rest that I saw was
needed.

_() is used for translations. To mark "\n" for translation make no sense.

--
/Dennis