Re: XML in PostgreSQL

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Joel Rodrigues <borgempath(at)Phreaker(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: XML in PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-02-27 13:49:57
Lists: pgsql-general
Joel Rodrigues writes:

> Surprisingly there doesn't seem to be much discussion about the
> issue of storing and working with XML in PostgreSQL. Or maybe
> this is the wrong list to look for that ?

The main reason nothing is happening is that no one can really come up
with the grand master design plan for this.  There's an SQL standard under
development which addresses various ways to combine SQL and XML.  Once
that is finished we have something to work with.  Incidentally, that
standard depends on XQuery getting done first, so don't hold your breath.