Re: Prepare and prepare ?

From: Rudy Lippan <rlippan(at)remotelinux(dot)com>
To: Dominic Mitchell <dom(at)semantico(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,<pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, David Wheeler <david(at)wheeler(dot)net>,<dbi-dev(at)perl(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Prepare and prepare ?
Date: 2003-02-15 15:46:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Dominic Mitchell wrote:

> Well at the moment, backwards compatibility is limited to one system at
> our place that needed the funtionality right now.  We'll change it to
> use whatever DBD::Pg comes with, however.

Right, but once it goes into a public release (eg. DBD::Pg 1.22) then you
are stuck supporting it/making a migration path.

> > With 2, the patch goes in as is and  backwards compatibility does not
> > get broken in the next version.  Just a thought.
>
> #2 sounds good to me.

The we go this route.

> The flag was called, "pg_do_utf8", but "pg_enable_utf8" might be a
> better name.

Agreed.  pg_enable_utf8 the flag is, then.  I'll go apply the patch --
changing pg_do_utf8 to pg_enable_utf8.

David/Bruce,

1. Looking over CVS I don't see a release tag for 1.21.  It would proably
be better for whoever did the export of 1.21 to tag up, but if you want I
will set up a release tag for 1.21?

2. What is the procedure for adding patches, closing bugs, working with
tasks, and working with feature requests on GBorg...  Is there a place
where I can get an overview of how things are done?

 -r

pgsql-interfaces by date

Previous:From: ljbDate: 2003-02-15 01:42:26
Subject: Announce: A pure-Tcl interface to PostgreSQL