Re: PostgreSQL at CeBIT?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL at CeBIT?
Date: 2003-01-15 23:46:00
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Justin Clift writes:

> Any idea on what kind of or how much presentation space, or any other
> details?

Well, if we have "general interest", then they will send me more
information.

Judging from the CeBIT I attended two years ago, it will probably not be
much more than a table within a larger stand/area organized and decorated
by the sponsor.

The real question is whether anyone would want to come and participate in
the organization of this thing. I could do it, but not the whole week all
alone.

Btw., I know there are other exposition and conference type events where
free software projects can get presentation space, but in the past this
has mostly failed to materialize for us because of the lack of manpower,
and secondarily because of the lack of a project concept for such things.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net