Re: next set of SSL - ideas?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Bear Giles <bgiles(at)coyotesong(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: next set of SSL - ideas?
Date: 2003-01-05 02:11:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bear Giles writes:

> The server policy is easy to handle - it would probably go into a
> new text configuration file pg_ssl.conf.

postgresql.conf should serve you fine.

> The client policy is much harder to handle, since the details need
> to be hidden in the libpg library. I know how to handle this on
> Unix systems, but what about clients on other platforms? E.g., on
> a Windows box I would expect this information to be maintained in
> the registry, not a config file....

For libpq, put the required files in the home directory or some directory
under the home directory. That should be acceptable on Windows, too, for
now. ODBC and JDBC have their own way of storing client side
configuration, which you can discuss with their teams.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net