Re: status of 7.3 docs?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Rich Morin <rdm(at)cfcl(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: status of 7.3 docs?
Date: 2003-01-04 10:32:28
Lists: pgsql-docs
Rich Morin writes:

> It sounds like the 7.3 docs are "in progress".  Coincidentally, I have
> just about run out of the existing PostgreSQL DOSSIER volumes.  Could
> someone tell me
>
>    *  the status of the 7.3 set

In principle, the 7.3 documentation as released is done.  It's certainly
not "in progress" at this point.  There may be typo fixes or the like in
7.3.1 etc.  But...

>    *  what changes you would like to see (e.g., inclusions, exclusions,
>       re-organization) in a new set

If you saw my message yesterday about a structural reorganization you
might be interested in waiting until it's done (maybe a few weeks).  I'm
not sure whether that reorganization will be put into the official
7.3-branch docs, but it will be useful if you want to print books.

>    *  whether a solution has been found for the even/odd page numbering
>       problem that afflicted the last set

That's a toolchain issue.  I don't think a lot has happened there since we
last looked.  I think you can adjust the page numbering in the
intermediate TeX file rather easily though.