Re: Documentation in book length

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Documentation in book length
Date: 2003-01-04 10:30:17
Lists: pgsql-docs
Roberto Mello writes:

> As far as my understanding of the BSD license applied to documents allows
> anyone to modify said documents, saved the copyright notices are left.
> However, it is very uncool to remove authorship credits from the
> documentation. I don't see how removing such credits will make the Red Hat
> DB documentation look any better or more "professional".

It's not particularly fair, but we should discuss it.  Either we
consistently attribute every section or chapter, or we don't do it.  I
could probably put names on most chapters from memory and I wouldn't mind
it, but it does seem like an unusual thing to have names on only a few
sections.  Maybe it would be a good compromise to record significant
documentation work in the release notes with the usual attribution?