Re: more adequate usage msg: pg_controldata.diff

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Serguei Mokhov <mokhov(at)cs(dot)concordia(dot)ca>
Cc: PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: more adequate usage msg: pg_controldata.diff
Date: 2003-01-04 10:28:22
Lists: pgsql-patches

DATADIR is not an option. What needs to be done is that the "Usage:"
synopsis comes before the textual explanation, so you can write

Usage:
pg_controldata DATADIR

pg_controldata does something with DATADIR.

--...

We should do this consistently with all tools, though.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net