Re: Column and table constraints - anally retentive comments

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Column and table constraints - anally retentive comments
Date: 2002-11-17 13:24:34
Lists: pgsql-docs
Richard Huxton writes:

> Not quite taste I'd have thought. Column (value) related constraints should be
> written as such, not disconnected from their column. Same principle as
> declaring variables near to where they are needed.

It's a matter of taste. ;-)  Which does not say that any one choice
corresponds to the actual taste of the majority.

Note that the section you refer to specifically aims to illustrate that
column and table constraints are more or less interchangeable, which does
not mean that it is always a good idea to change them around beyond
recognition.

That said, if you have a better way to word it, please say so.