Re: Unix build

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unix build
Date: 2002-10-15 18:54:51
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Dave Page writes:

> I moved the current psqlODBC source into $PGSRC/src/interfaces/odbc, ran
> the PostgreSQL configure script and then followed your instructions. The
> only odd message I got was from libtoolize: 'You should update your
> `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.'. Noting your instructions, I tried the
> libtool.m4 from my system, and the PostgreSQL source and found no
> difference.

You should use the one from the libtool installation (under
$PREFIX/share/aclocal). It's not possibly the same as the one in the
PostgreSQL source tree. Make sure you run aclocal as specified. The -I .
should be before -I $PGSRC/config. Also make sure you use the libtoolize
from the same Libtool version that provided libtool.m4.

> Build logs showing the errors are below. I suspect some of them may be
> caused by Windows specific sources being compiled.

It sure looks like the GNUmakefile is still there and hence all the new
stuff is completely ignored.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net