Re: tweak CREATE SEQUENCE grammar

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tweak CREATE SEQUENCE grammar
Date: 2002-09-30 21:42:20
Lists: pgsql-patches

Neil Conway writes:

> They've started balloting, at least according to the blurb at the
> beginning of my copy of the standard.

It seems that the proposed standard's sequence generators have a number of
syntactical and semantic differences from ours, including the syntax to
retrieve the next value, set the current value, define "serial" columns,
and the fact that the sequences are apparently not allowed to contain
holes. So I suggest that we address all of theses issues (at least on the
syntax side) at once -- if we want to address them at all.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net