Re: 7.3b1 on Mac OS X (Darwin)

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: David Wheeler <david(at)wheeler(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.3b1 on Mac OS X (Darwin)
Date: 2002-09-16 23:09:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

David Wheeler writes:

> I recompiled --without-readline, and all was well. I think I'll install
> this library myself, but it might be good to have a hint for Darwin
> that uses readline if it finds it, but doesn't fail if it doesn't fine
> it.

We just got rid of the behavior you describe because it caused about a
dozen "my cursor keys don't work in psql" complaints a month. Now we hope
it won't cause a dozen "I'm too lazy to type --without-readline"
complaints a month. :-)

> creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1...
> Failed to initialize lc_time to ''
> ok

This should be OK in the next beta.

> Would it be possible for the default to be that non-default
> functions work as they did before this new feature was added?

No. But we are working on making the upgrade smoother.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net