Re: DROP COLUMN misbehaviour with multiple inheritance

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)atentus(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)atentus(dot)com>, <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: DROP COLUMN misbehaviour with multiple inheritance
Date: 2002-09-14 00:56:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Tom Lane dijo:

> One corner case is that I think we currently allow
>
> create table p (f1 int);
> create table c (f1 int) inherits(p);

In this case, c.f1.attisinherited count is 2; thus when I drop f1 from
p, it is not dropped from c.

Do you have some suggestion on what the name should be? Clearly
attisinherited is not appropiate. attinhcount maybe?

The patch submitted does what you describe. I'm leaving tomorrow and
won't be back until next weekend, so please do the name change yourself
if the patch is to be applied.

Voy a acabar con todos los humanos / con los humanos yo acabaré
voy a acabar con todos / con todos los humanos acabaré (Bender)