Re: Installation location of DLLs

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installation location of DLLs
Date: 2002-09-09 18:39:17
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Jason Tishler writes:

> I actually recommended this (via a patch) in the past, but it was vetoed
> by you. :,) I have been post-processing "make install" ever since. I
> would be very happy if you would reconsider this position.

I remember. I'm not saying that I like this very much, but if there's
reputable precedent we might as well go along with it. OTOH, we currently
don't have a clean way to distinguish between imported and dlopen'able
DLLs in the build system, so I'm not sure how to implement this cleanly.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net