Re: PGACCESS Error Relative Path @ export table

From: "C(dot) Maj" <cmaj(at)freedomcorpse(dot)info>
To: "John L(dot) Turner" <jlt(at)wvinter(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgaccess - developers <developers(at)pgaccess(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGACCESS Error Relative Path @ export table
Date: 2002-07-31 19:46:47
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, John L. Turner waxed:

<snip>

> > > P.S. Why didn't the original message just say permissions not set for X
> > > user ?
> >
> > I just sent a patch in, so that it gives a decent error message. Not
> > sure if it will get applied or not...

No, I just put some stuff in CVS to allow for import/export a la the
psql \copy command, which is really COPY FROM stdin/stdout
It's at pgaccess.org

> Would like to see a simular corrected message when trying to Create a NEW
> database with pgaccess:
>
> "Tcl error executing pg_exec create database mytestdb
>
> is not a valid postgresq connection"
>
> That type of message is not too helpful to newbies like me.
>
> Best regards for quick replies!
> John Turner

I didn't know you could make new databases with pgaccess. Huh. I tried
it and it seems to work, but my pg_hba.conf is not permissive enough to
let me connect to the new database. Perhaps that is your problem? Are
you connecting as a user who has privilege enough to create databases?

--Chris

--

cmaj_at_freedomcorpse_dot_info
0xC0051F6A