Re: Windows - why not?

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)oper(dot)metu(dot)edu(dot)tr>
To: "Andrea Chiado' Piat" <achiado(at)bitinfo(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Windows - why not?
Date: 2002-07-22 12:58:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Andrea Chiado' Piat wrote:

> I'm not much practical with Linux but reading the characteristics of
> PostGreSql I find it very interesting.
> Why does not exist one official version for windows?

Taken from FAQ :

The database server can run on Windows NT and Win2k using Cygwin, the
Cygnus Unix/NT porting library. See pgsql/doc/FAQ_MSWIN in the
distribution or the MS Windows FAQ on our web site. We have no plan to
do a native port to any Microsoft platform.

---

However, you could download cygwin from www.cygwin.com; set up an Unix
environment in a windos having NT kernel and then compile PostgreSQL;
which "I" would not offer you to do.

It'll be better for you to get used to Linux...

BEst regards.

--

Devrim GUNDUZ

devrim(at)oper(dot)metu(dot)edu(dot)tr
devrim(dot)gunduz(at)linux(dot)org(dot)tr

Web : http://devrim.oper.metu.edu.tr