Perl build fix attempted

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Perl build fix attempted
Date: 2002-05-28 16:57:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The Perl build (PL/Perl and the Pg interface) now use the configured
compiler and flags and none of the MakeMaker stuff. (I've kept the
interfaces/perl5/Makefile.PL file in case someone wants to resurrect it
for a Win32 build, for instance.) Since doing Perl builds without
MakeMaker is poorly documented I've reverse-engineered much of this from
the MakeMaker source code. It works here, but if it doesn't work
somewhere, please let me know.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net