Re: SSL (patch 3)

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Bear Giles <bgiles(at)coyotesong(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SSL (patch 3)
Date: 2002-05-27 20:26:12
Lists: pgsql-patches

Bear Giles writes:

> Third patch - adds client verification of server certificate.
> This has some POSIX-isms that need to be expanded for Windows
> and Mac clients, and identifies (but does not fix) a problem
> on the backend that could be used for "denial of service"
> attacks on the current backend.

What happens if I don't want to use this feature and/or I don't have the
certificates set up? Why are errors from getpwuid() thrown away, isn't
that a risk?

POSIX-isms in SSL code are OK. I don't think WIN32 handles SSL yet.
Please use MAXPGPATH to size buffers for file names.

What exactly is the "problem" you identify? I couldn't make it out.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net