Re: revised sample SRF C function; proposed SRF API

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: revised sample SRF C function; proposed SRF API
Date: 2002-05-27 20:24:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Joe Conway writes:

> Here is a revised patch for a sample C function returning setof
> composite. (Same comments as last time -- It is a clone of SHOW ALL as
> an SRF. For the moment, the function is implemented as contrib/showguc,
> although a few minor changes to guc.c and guc.h were required to support
> it.)

We need a function like this in the main line. The "show all" variety
isn't top priority, but we need something that gets you the "show" result
as a query output. The original idea was to make SHOW return a query
result directly, but a function is fine with me too.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net