is there any backend timeout undocumented?

From: NunoACHenriques <nach(at)fct(dot)unl(dot)pt>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: is there any backend timeout undocumented?
Date: 2002-05-23 17:36:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers
	Hi!

	I have sended the message below to pgadmin-support but receive no
answers... I hope you can help me on this...

	Is there any server timeout that is undocumented?

	I've issued a query like the one below and the server timed out after
180min (+/-). The query "construct_warehouse()" can last well above the
180min because it fills a table with millions of tuples...

spid=> vacuum full analyze ; select construct_warehouse() ; vacuum analyze ;
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_group" --- only table or database owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_database" --- only table or database owner can VACUUM it
NOTICE:  Skipping "pg_shadow" --- only table or database owner can VACUUM it
VACUUM
	before or while processing the request.
You are currently not connected to a database.
!> \q

	I've searched the archives for some documented timeout but nothing...

	I've searched the postgresql.conf file and nothing...

	Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!

	Note: the first time I noticed a time out was using a JDBC driver and
then I've tested in the pgsql to confirm it.

--
     o__		Bem haja,
    _.>/ _			NunoACHenriques

Next:From: Bear GilesDate: 2002-05-23 17:48:54