Re: Data integrity problem !!!

From: Vaclav Kulakovsky <vaclav(dot)kulakovsky(at)definity(dot)cz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Data integrity problem !!!
Date: 2002-05-03 07:23:49
Lists: pgsql-general

I test it, but I can't reproduce on clean database cluster (after init).
Problem is that it was on our production database so I can't experiment
too much on it. So last night I backed up whole pgsql tree and I instaled
clean 7.2.1 instalation to our production environment. Now I will be able
to perform some deeper.
I remember only one event. There was HW crash on our server 2 month ago.
I transfered whole pgsql tree to a different computer. But there were no
problems until now. So I don't know if some file which could be corrupted
at that time could have influence to this data corruption.

Regards,

Vaclav